CALL OUT FOR PARTICIPANTS
PARENT CARERS REQUIRED FOR A RESEARCH STUDY
IS YOUR CHILD ON THE AUTISM SPECTRUM?
HAVE YOU BEEN ACCUSED OF FABRICATED AND INDUCED ILLNESS?
As Parent Carers of Autistic Children our parenting ability is often questioned, we are accused of exaggerating our children’s symptoms, challenging professional opinion, and even causing our children harm. We are accused of Fabricated and Induced Illness.
A set of circumstances, often triggered by Education, Health or Social Care, can result in the label ‘FII’ being incorrectly placed on families.
FII, previously and more commonly known as Munchausen’s Syndrome by Proxy is not a clinical diagnosis, unlike Factitious Disorder Imposed on Another; yet parents report being subjected to forced social service interventions, nonetheless. As a Research Student at the University of Gloucestershire I am looking for people who have had this experience to speak to me as a part of my Study into Autism and FII.
- Are you aged 18 and over?
- Are you a parent who has been subjected to safeguarding investigations by Children’s Services?
- Is there Autism within the family which was somehow connected to the investigation?
- Is your investigation now closed and you are no longer open to safeguarding measures?
- Would you be happy to share your story with me, in your own words?
For further information or to show an interest please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ethics approved by University of Gloucestershire.
Researcher: Bernadette Louise. Supervisor: Dr Dannielle Stephens-LewisFollow me
Share this article